Below are the best free database tools that present a large range of specific features. The idea behind this list is to support you select the right tools that great fit your demands.
Adminer is known as a database management tool which permits you to handle databases, columns, users, tables, relations, indexes, permissions, and other from a web-based user interface. It is involved as a single PHP file (same to phpMyAdmin) and has help for common database management systems such as MySQL, SQLite, MS SQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle and MongoDB. Various UI designs are offered for you to download as CSS files. You will be asked to select a database management system to access to, along with the server name, database name and user credentials once you load the Adminer page. When you effectively login you are performed the database tables and can start handling the database.
Adminer provides important feature, including:
– Lists data in tables with type, search, and aggregate feature.
– Goes with extensive customization options.
– Executes any SQL order from a text field or folder
– Presents processes and kills them.
DBComparer is famous for a database comparison tool which analyzes the differences in Microsoft SQL Server database structures from an easy-to-use UI. Amongst others, you can gat in comparison database objects including tables, indexes, foreign keys, columns, users, roles, schemas and saved procedures. Once you introduce DBComparer, you select which database to perform on the ‘left side’ and which database to perform on the ‘right side’ of the comparison window. In addition, you can explicitly specify what objects and properties you’d like to compare from the Compare Options tab. When the comparison process is done you are displayed both databases side-by-side (with the differences highlighted in red or blue). When you choose an object, the data is shown on the Properties window and the SQL syntax is displayed in the SQL Differences window at the bottom.
DBComparer offers key features, such as:
– Automatically compares the difference in database structures.
– Compares databases by chosen or all properties of objects
– Comes with a progressive visual tree interface for an intuitive representation of the differences.
– Provides lots of choices for comparison.
EMS SQL Manager Lite for SQL Server
EMS SQL Manager Lite for SQL Server permits you to construct and edit SQL Server database objects and build, edit, execute and store SQL queries. It includes a user-friendly interface and a plenty of the feature is wizard driven. It helps a great alternative to Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio. EMS offer Lite versions for other RDBMS’ as well, so if you getOracle or MySQL you can have the similar tool to handle these databases. When you operate EMS SQL Manager Lite for SQL Server, you’ll first need to log in a database to handle. When you’ve completed that, you start by navigating via the DB Explorer window on the left hand side or by opening a SQL script.
EMS SQL Manager Lite for SQL Server provides main features, including:
– Helps Azure SQL database, SQL Server, Amazon RDS, and Unicode data.
– Provides perfect visual and text tools for query building.
– Compares and synchronizes various database structures.
– Comes with a strong transact SQL-debugger to trace procedures, functions, and SQL scripts.
For Windows and Linux, Firebird is a strong and lightweight open source SQL relational database management system. Functions include entire help for saved procedures and triggers, entire ACID compliant transactions, incremental backups and several access approaches. Firebird doesn’t get a front-end UI for handling databases. You will have to employ a 3rd party application such as FlameRobin or TurboBird to manage database admin.
Firebird includes important features, such as:
– Uses progressive technologies like FB25, FB30, and more.
– Helps a hybrid cloud architecture
– Synchronizes metadata and data for most of databases.
SQuirreL SQL Client is known as a JAVA-based database administration tool for JDBC compliant databases. It permits you to see the database structure and issue SQL orders. It helps databases including Firebird, Microsoft Access, Microsoft SQL Server, IBM DB2, InterBase, MySQL, Oracle, PostreSQL, and Sybase. Once you introduce the Squirrel SQL Client you will need to begin by configuring the driver definition and the alias in order to access to a database. The driver definition specifies the JDBC driver to employ and the alias specifies the connection parameters.
SQuirreL SQL Client has significant features:
– SQL editor goes with code completion popup and a tools popup menu.
– Permits you to adjust the rows returned from a query on a single table.
– Performs a chart of tables and their relations.
– Shows an object tree of the session window.
For developers and database administrators, DBeaver is an open source universal database tool that includes a low memory footprint. It helps JDBC compliant databases including IBM DB2, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server, Firebird, SQLite, and Sybase. Its key functions include the capability to browse and edit databases, build and execute SQL scripts, export data, transaction management and ER diagrams. Moreover, DBeaver’s feature can be widened by the use of plugins. Once accessed, the database will present in the Database Navigator tab on the left hand pane of the key window.
Dbeaver has key features, including:
– It is a multiplatform product
– Helps any database with a JDBC driver.
– Comes with a rich suite of plugins.
– Manges external data sources that may or may not have a JDBC driver.
DbVisualizer Free is a universal database tool which permits you to handle a large range of databases including Oracle, PostgreSQL, DB2, Sybase, SQL Server, Informix,MySQL, H2, and SQLite. Functions include a database browser to navigate via database objects, visual support for constructing and adjusting database objects, the capability to import data from a file, a SQL Editor with auto-complete and database admin functions and visual query building support such as controlling database storage and security. DbVisualizer Free works on Windows, Mac OSX and Linux. Once you introduce DbVisualizer Free for the first time, a connection wizard pops up that teaches you via the connection to a database. When a connection has been set up, the database presents in the Databases tab on the left hand pane of the main window. The right hand pane performs the properties and data relative to the object you choose from the left hand pane.
DbVisualizer Free offers some key features:
– Handles database-specific objects.
– Builds, edits, and compiles procedures, features, and triggers.
– Provides schema support
– Performs visual actions to build, alter, drop, and more.